Last year, I told you about my journey to create a brand and a platform that was aligned with my values and how living based on my passions put me on this path. Now I want to tell you how having a great coach has impacted all aspects of my life. As many of you know, I have been working with Elayna Fernandez, The Positive Mom, for over a year and you’ve seen the professional transformation of my platform and blogging endeavors.
Although the work I have been doing has clearly been more focused and aligned with my expertise and passions, there is so much more to having a great coach than the business results. While I’ve worked with other coaches in the past, what I like the most about having Elayna as my mentor is her holistic approach and her focus on MOMpreneurship in which being a mom is front and center of creating, developing and succeeding in business without feeling that you are neglecting your role as a mom.
I started off by taking The Passion Test and figuring out what really, really matters the most to me, and then I took her Stepping into Balance class that helped me start rituals and stick to better habits. One of the results of taking that class was that I started working out and changed the eating habits of my entire family. Having a great coach like Elayna opened my eyes to simple changes that immediately improved my life and helped me get into the right mindset to live a life that is inline with my values.
My next step was taking her GPS class that resulted in the creation of this platform last year. After its completion and experiencing first hand the impact of having a great coach has had in my life, I took the next logical step by hiring her coaching services that allow me to have her guidance on a regular basis and helps me maintain my focus on the path ahead so I can achieve my goals without losing my sanity or feeling I’m neglecting myself or my children.
5 things I love about having a great coach like The Positive Mom
- Holistic Approach. This is a huge one for me; understanding the importance of being whole that lead me to quit a job that was stressful and not aligned with my passions to focus on growing my platform and having more time to spend with my children. It might sound simple, but in the fast-paced life we’ve been wired to live, it sound like insanity to many the fact that you need to slow down in order to really move forward.
- Intention, Attention, No tension. Once I was aware of my top 5 passions it was clear that I needed to make adjustments to be able to live based on what I care the most about. However, Elayna didn’t set goals that were tied to time, like we often do “need to lose 30 pounds in 30 days” which lead us to a lot of stress and effort that create more negativity. Her guidance was more about being intentional in my daily pursuit of what I want, paying attention to those things that matter and being content with the fact that I’m working on them, so not being pressured to hit milestones but happy in my pursuit.
- Firm, nonjudgmental guidance. Another thing that I love about having a great coach like Elayna is that she truly has a gift for working with mothers, especially mompreneurs and mompreneurs to be. She deeply understands our struggles because she has been there herself. She doesn’t impose judgement on whatever stage of your journey you are, but it is firm enough to encourage you to move forward when you are procrastinating or unconsciously sabotaging yourself (I know, I’ve been there!).
- Teaches by example. As moms, we know that this is one of the best ways to teach our children. Guess what, it is the best way for us to learn as well. When you are working with an expert on any field, that person loses credibility if they are preaching something and doing the opposite, and it makes sense. The do as I say has been proven not to work because it doesn’t come from a genuine place. When it comes to business, it is good to know that this principles you are learning are being tested by your mentor and being successful. That’s what having a great coach means to me: someone who knows its craft and ‘talks the talk’ and ‘walks the walk’.
- Progress is Success. All of the above said, is not that ‘I’ve arrived’. Elayna always says that progress is success, and I wasn’t able to grasp it until I fully committed to being coachable and started navigating mompreneurship by enjoying the ride instead of thinking of a reward that is far away in the future. Knowing that each day I’m enjoying my life while I pursue my dreams, raise my children and have a loving relationship with my husband and mother makes me feel successful. It’s not the goals that have changed, it’s the measuring and I’m so much happier!
I recommend working with Elayna wholeheartedly, my closed friends and family members know this because I have been talking about her and praising her. That’s why I decided to write this so all of you who want to improve your lives and your entrepreneurial endeavors think about having her as your guide. You’ll be glad if you do!
Has having a great coach can impacted your life? It has one of the best business decisions I’ve made! What about you?
valmg @ Mom Knows It All
It’s great that you’ve found some methods that have been helpful. I have never had any coaches, but am a member of one or two online communities that can be very helpful.
Isn’t that awesome!!!! I find with things I blog about, makeup for instance. Constantly talking about it and playing with it on IG, has sorta turned me into a total pro! Crazy how that works out!
I dont have a coach but I have a great mentor and its always been so helpful. Glad to hear your experience!
It’s awesome that learning from Elayna has been so helpful to you. It sounds like she has some really good strategies!
Great post! So happy for you Dania that mompreneur coaching works for you. Agree that having a coach is a good thing to stay focus and meeting goals. Thanks for sharing your experience!
Most definitely not being judgmental helps and also teach by example. We need to start first with us to be able to coach others.
This is a great post and so true.
Sounds like your family had an incredible time. We don’t sit back and think about how the life we live is really affecting us. When we do though it can be a big eye opener.
That’s great that you found someone who worked for you. I’ve never tried this nor had it before.
That’s awesome that you were able to find out what you are passionate about before diving into things a little further. I think that’s something that most people forget. If you’re looking for success, then stick to what you love. That’s how you’ll never feel as though you’re ACTUALLY working.
This is a great post. Thanks for sharing. I’ve not ever had a coach like this, but it sounds interesting.
I think it’s awesome that you found a coach like Elayna. There’s nothing like having a person to help keep you on track of the things that you want in life. It’s good to know that everything is going well for you.